venerdì 7 dicembre 2018

YORU

I'm really glad to announce you that my new pattern Yoru is available on Knitty Winter 2018!!!
I'm so proud about this new collaboration!
I have always been fascinated by Japanese culture; namely, I am intrigued by its contrast between minimalism and refinement. This kindled the inspiration for this cardigan. It has simple lines, but it is full of details that in my mind suggests a landscape at night.
Yoru is a loose-fitting comfortable cardigan knit top-down in one piece. The shawl collar is knit in two symmetrical halves and decorated with an interesting textured pattern. Stitches are then picked up from the collar and worked down for the yoke, then separated for the body and sleeves.
The sleeves are decorated with a compatible pattern that continues down the arm, and the body is shaped using short rows so that the back is slightly longer than the front. Twisted rib lace panels make the pattern pop.
Yoru is available for free HERE.

Photo courtesy: Paolo Bonivento.
English translation: Donna Lynne Galletta.

Nessun commento: